There are any number of reasons why you might find yourself considering International Car Shipping. Now that you are here, it’s time to think about what is involved. These are things to consider:
- Protect the vehicle during shipping
- Are there rules in the destination country about how the car should be presented
- Duties, tariffs….what should you be aware of for off-loading and delivery
- The supply chain challenges the entire world is experiencing during the pandemic, may mean you are exploring options
We are living through challenging times and your shipping company will help you navigate through these steps, especially as you explore car shipping options. It is up to you to have an awareness of the challenges. What steps need to be taken and what steps fall out of the scope of your shipping company. We do highly recommend you read the article The Hidden Costs of International Shipping.
World Cargo has the expertise and knowledge to partner with you when you are shipping a vehicle.
For most destinations the process is straightforward. At World Cargo we guide you through everything with the confidence of decades of experience. Talk to us about the paperwork you need to have in place and insurance. We will be able to advise you on the best way to plan international car shipping.
Here are the things that you need to do to prepare for international car shipping.
- Wash the vehicle thoroughly. This is a good opportunity to inspect it and photograph it so you have a record of the condition of the vehicle.
- Keep a record of the vehicle using images of any damage or areas of concern
Some destinations require this as protection against potentially importing undesirable organics.
- Make sure you stay organized with all the paperwork available.
- Remove all personal items from the vehicle. This includes add ons like bike racks or aftermarket additions. For security reasons carriers prohibit the transport of belongings inside the vehicle.
- Ensure the battery is fully charged
- Disarm security systems
- Check that tires are at the correct air pressure
- Follow your shipping companies guidelines regarding amount of fuel in tank
- Consider the climate where you are shipping to. Is your vehicle optimized for it.
Next up, catalog the condition of the vehicle you are shipping. Do an end to end inspection, take pictures.
Do take the time to learn about the regulations of your destination. There are differences from one country to another. Your shipping partner can guide you through the process, but it’s important for you to be an informed consumer.
World Cargo will work with you to make sure all necessary documentation and adherence to international shipping rules and regulations are followed. In most cases, your car is shipped via a 20’ closed cargo container, offering superior protection throughout the shipping process. Larger or multiple vehicles may be shipped in a 40’ closed cargo container or, in some cases, using a Roll On/Roll Off service. We’ll help you to determine the shipping method that is most secure and economical for you and your vehicle.
Follow these tips and talk to the experts in car shipping at World Cargo. You will be assured a safer and smoother experience from door-to-door. Also, it is important to communicate with your automobile insurance provider to make sure that you have the right coverage. Ready to ship? Contact us at 1-877-232-0204 with your questions, or complete our online quote form to get started!